Great Ormond Street Hospital’s team of audiologists, clinical scientists and audiovestibular physicians work together to provide a complete audiological service.
The team uses a range of technology to assist patients with hearing deficits. Technologies include digital hearing aids, bone anchored hearing aids, cochlear implants and vibrotactile aids. We also provide a routine service for the fitting of digital hearing aids. The audiological department is designated as a national centre for auditory neuropathy/auditory dys-synchrony, and recently completed their 1000th cochlear implant.
Conditions we treat
- Auditory neuropathy/auditory dys-synchrony
- Auditory processing disorders
- Balance disorders in children
- Bone anchored hearing aids
- Cochlear implants
- Management of patients with ototoxicity