The Specialist Neonatal and Paediatric Surgery (SNAPS) department at Great Ormond Street Hospital provides specialist surgical treatment for newborn babies (neonatal) and children (paediatric) with congenital (present at birth) conditions as well as diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The department has an excellent international reputation and develops new ways of treating newborn babies and children, such as oesophageal replacement surgery and minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery.
Conditions we treat
- Anorectal anomaly
- Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) creation
- Circumcision for medical reasons
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Duodenal atresia
- Gastrostomy insertion
- Hirschsprung's disease
- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles
- Keyhole surgery
- Malrotation and volvulus
- Necrotising enterocolitis
- Oesophageal atresia with or without tracheo-oesophageal fistula
- Pyloric stenosis
- Umbilical and epigastric hernias
- Undescended testicles
Refer your child for treatment
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.