- Burns intensive care medicine
- Patient safety and operational risk on the paediatric and neonatal intensive care units (PICU/NICU)
- Thermal injuries and medical skin loss conditions in paediatric patients
- Medical Education – Dr Burrows is an Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Instructor, Paediatric BASIC (PICU) Course Instructor, and an accredited Medical Clinical and Educational Supervisor
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) – St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London (2001)
- Bachelor Science (BSc) in Clinical Infection with Basic Medical and Clinical Sciences - Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, University of London (2000)
- Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPCH) (2005)
- Member of the Paediatric Intensive Care Society UK, European Society of Paediatric Neonatal Intensive Care, European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, and the British Medical Society
- Fluid resuscitation in children with burns
- Patient- and team-related factors on stabilization time during paediatric intensive care transport
News & Publications
Bangalore, H., Borrows, E., Martin, N. 2016. Early use of albumin in children with extensive burns; Quantifying fluid requirement. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 17(10) pp. 1018-1019.
Ramnarayan, P., Borrows, E.L., Montgomery, M., Lutman, D., Petros, A. 2011. Factors that influence stabilization times in children requiring transport. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 12(2) pp. 242-243.
Borrows, E.L., Lutman, D.H., Montgomery, M.A., et al 2010. Effect of patient- and team-related factors on stabilization time during pediatric intensive care transport. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 11 pp. 451-456.
Refer your child to Dr Emma L Borrows
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.
Dr Emma L Borrows Details
Share Dr Emma L Borrows profile with someone: