Mr David Albert is the Head of the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) department at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). He came to GOSH in 1984, where he trained under John Evans, the father of paediatric ENT in the UK.
Mr Albert has over 30 years’ experience and has been an innovative force within paediatric ENT both in the UK and abroad. He covers all areas of paediatric ENT.
Mr Albert has published widely in his field. Some of his more recent peer-reviewed articles are listed below.
As a father, I know the sense of responsibility one feels in making the right decision for one’s child.
• Laryngeal surgery – endoscopic and reconstructive
• Paediatric cholesteatoma
• Choanal atresia
• His current interest is in complex decision making from ventilation tubes for otitis media to tracheal reconstruction. His recent audit of intracapsular tonsillectomy shows less pain in a UK setting
- Trained at King’s College Hospital London
- Training in paediatric ENT at GOSH
- Two fellowships at GOSH and the Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati
- President of the British Association for Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- General Secretary of the British Association for Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Secretary, Laryngology Section, Royal Society of Medicine
- Academic Committee, American Society of Paediatric Otolaryngolgy
- Council member, European Society of Paediatric Otolaryngology
- Council member, ENT UK
- President Elect Designate, Laryngology Section Royal Society Medicine
• David Albert and his team developed a number of surgical techniques in the UK including single stage laryngotracheal reconstruction, cricotracheal resection and various endoscopic techniques such as cricoid split and posterior grafting. He also developed bipolar tonsillectomy and suction diathermy adenoidectomy
• Currently studying the benefits of intracapsular partial tonsillectomy which is common in the USA but little used in the UK
• Active research in Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis
• Developing a National Database and Tissue Bank
News & Publications
Bajaj, Y., et al. 2013. Great Ormond Street Hospital treatment guidelines for use of propranolol in infantile isolated subglottic haemangioma. J.Laryngol.Otol. 127.3 pp. 295-98.
Tweedie, D. J., et al. 2012. Peri-operative complications after adenotonsillectomy in a UK pediatric tertiary referral centre. Int.J.Pediatr.Otorhinolaryngol. 76.6 pp. 809-15.
Ifeacho, S. N., et al. 2012. Surgical site infections in paediatric otolaryngology operative procedures. Int.J.Pediatr.Otorhinolaryngol. 76.7 pp. 1020-22.
Bajaj, Y., et al. 2012 Surgical aspects of cochlear implantation in syndromic children. Cochlear.Implants.Int. 13.3 pp. 163-67.
Bajaj, Y., et al. 2012. Laryngotracheal reconstruction and cricotracheal resection in children: Recent experience at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Int.J.Pediatr.Otorhinolaryngol. 76.4 pp. 507-11.
Refer your child to Mr David Albert
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.
Mr David Albert Details
Share Mr David Albert profile with someone: