Ms Caroline Kermarrec qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 2009. Upon qualification, she specialised in Paediatrics working with babies, children and young people in the community, educational and acute hospital settings. She has worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital since 2013 and is currently the Lead Occupational Therapist for babies, children and young people on the International and Private Patients wards.
Ms Kermarrec works with babies, children and young people with a wide range of disabilities and is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of both the child and their parents / carers.
- Assessment and intervention for complex physical neurodisability including assessment of muscle tone and range of movement, positioning for development and equipment needs
- Neurological assessment of the pre-term and term infant including use of standardised assessments including the Prechtl General Movement Assessment and the Bayley Scales of Infant Development
- Assessment and intervention for young children with delayed development including positioning and play advise to improve cognitive, fine and gross motor skills
- Assessment for specialist seating / wheelchairs and other therapy equipment
- Assessment of the hand and upper limb where there is movement, strength or functional difficulty
- Knowledge of therapy equipment companies in the Middle East
- Complex neurodevelopmental presentations
- Postural management and postural equipment
- Preterm infants
- Developmental delay
- Hand splinting for neurological conditions for all ages
- Upper limb rehabilitation for neurological conditions
- BSc(Hons) Occupational Therapy
- Prechtl General Movement Assessment
- Various Bobath courses
- Assisting Hand Assessment
- Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development, Third Edition
- Health and Care Professions Council
- British Association of Occupational Therapists
- The Royal College of Occupational Therapists
Refer your child to Ms Caroline Kermarrec
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.