Professor Isobel Hyman is a Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and an Honorary Professor at the UCL GOS Institute of Child Health. She is clinical lead for the National Tourette Syndrome Clinic and liaison neuropsychiatrist to the Epilepsy Service.
Her current aims are to promote and deliver parity of esteem between physical and mental health, detect and treat mental health problems in children with long term conditions and intervene early with evidence-based treatments to prevent progression/deterioration, treat the child or young person in line with NICE guidance, raise public awareness and decrease stigma, undertake translational reserach and increase access to psychological therapies.
- MB BS University College and Middlesex Hospital Medical School, London
- PhD Developmental Neurobiology, University of London
- CCST in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Bronze, Silver and Gold National Clinical Excellence Award (2206 - 2015)
- Royal College of Psychiatrists UK Psychiatrist of the Year (20015)
- Royal College of Psychiatrists UK CAMHS Team of the Year (2018)
- Association for Child Psychology and Psychiatry
- Child Psychiatry Research Society
- The British Neuropsychiatry Association
- The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
Refer your child to Prof Isobel Heyman
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.