The Cardiorespiratory Unit is one of the world’s largest paediatric cardiovascular and respiratory centres.
We provide the complete spectrum of child heart surgery services for children with congenital and acquired heart disease, as well as specialist tracheal surgery, thoracic surgery and chest wall reconstruction.
In recent years, we have treated more children with congenital heart disease than ever before, and with excellent results.
Please be aware that Heart and Lung transplants are not available through the International and Private Patients service, for either UK or overseas patients.
Conditions we treat
- Coarctation of the aorta (aortic arch obstruction)
- Aortic regurgitation
- Aortic valve stenosis
- Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Atrioventricular septal defect
- Cardiomyopathy and myocarditis
- Common arterial trunk (truncus arteriosus)
- Functionally univentricular heart (includes tricuspid atresia, double inlet left ventricle)
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Interrupted aortic arch
- Marfan syndrome
- Mitral valve abnormality
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Primary pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary atresia
- Pulmonary stenosis
- Severe heart failure in infants and children (mechanical circulatory support)
- Severe respiratory failure in neonates and children (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, ECMO)
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Totally anomolous pulmonary venous connection
- Tracheal stenosis
- Transposition of the great arteries (TGA)
- Tricuspid valve abnormalities, including Ebsteins
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD)
- Inherited heart conditions
- Heart murmur
- Kawasaki syndrome
- Rhythm disorders
Refer your child for treatment
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.