Dr Ranjan Suri is a Paediatric Respiratory Consultant, working in the Respiratory Department since 2005. He specialises in all aspects of paediatric respiratory medicine, including asthma, wheezy infants, chronic cough, respiratory infections and sleep disordered breathing. He provides a high-quality clinical and academic service for respiratory paediatrics at a local, tertiary and international level to all those referred for investigation, care and management.
“My aim is to provide a world-class children’s respiratory service to children and their parents” Dr Ranjan Suri.
- Preschool wheeze
- Chronic cough
- Respiratory infections
- Sleep disordered breathing
- Congenital lung disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- MBChB (University of Manchester, UK)
- MD (University of Manchester, UK) in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
- FRCPCH (UK) – Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Postgraduate Paediatric Respiratory Training – Great Ormond Street Hospital, Royal Brompton Hospital, Royal London Hospital, Royal Melbourne Children’s Hospital
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Thoracic Society
- British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- European Cystic Fibrosis Society
- British Medical Association
Dr Ranjan Suri is actively involved in clinical research, with a special interest in chronic respiratory conditions, such as Cystic Fibrosis.
News & Publications
Ranjan Suri has written widely on a range of respiratory related conditions, including peer reviewed papers, book chapters and reviews. Some of his more recent publications include:
Al-Malky, G., Dawson, S.J., Sirimanna, T., Bagkeris, E., Suri, R., 2015. High-frequency audiometry reveals high prevalence of aminoglycoside ototoxicity in children with cystic fibrosis. J Cyst Fibros. 14(2) pp. 248-54.
Suri, R., 2014. Exhaled nitric oxide measurement in paediatric asthma. Pulmonologist's perspective. Indian Pediatr. 51 pp. 101-2.
Al-Malky, G., Suri, R., Sirimanna, T., Dawson, S.J., 2014. Normal hearing in a child with the m.1555A>G mutation despite repeated exposure to aminoglycosides. Has the penetrance of this pharmacogenetic interaction been overestimated? Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 78(6) pp. 969-73.
Bossley, C., Suri, R. 2013. An update on Paediatric Severe Asthma. Current Allergy & Clinical Immunology. 26(3) pp. 114-120.
Refer your child to Dr Ranjan Suri
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.